Hemorrhoids are a health condition also referred to as piles. Under this health condition, the veins in your anus become swollen. These generally develop inside the rectum or under the skin around the anus. The one found in the rectum area is referred to as Internal Hemorrhoids, and the one around the anus is called External Hemorrhoids.
Most people suffer from this health condition and often look for a cure. The condition may occur for various reasons, but the real cause is still unknown. You can find some specialists near you that would treat the health condition. But, there are natural methods that can get you relief. Here, we will discuss some of the symptoms of hemorrhoids, their cause, prevention methods, and how Apple Cider Vinegar is an effective treatment for Hemorrhoids.
Symptoms of Hemorrhoids
If you are suffering from external hemorrhoids, i.e., the one around the anus, here are a few signs one must not avoid:
- Swelling around the anus
- Itching in the anal region
Internal Hemorrhoids often occur inside the rectum, and it is difficult to see with naked eyes or feel them. But, here are a few signs that indicate you are dealing with internal hemorrhoids. When passing stool, you may feel:
- Painless bleeding or small amounts of bright red blood during bowel movements
- Pain or irritation near the anal opening
One must not avoid visiting a doctor if the bleeding doesn’t stop or improve after a week of home care.
Main Causes of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids can develop due to following reasons:
- Suffering from chronic diarrhea or constipation
- Strain during bowel movements
- Staying in the toilet for long periods
- Anal intercourse
- Low-fiber diet
- Regular Heavy Lifting
The risk of hemorrhoids may increase as you grow as the tissues supported by the veins in your anus or rectum become weak with time. The condition may also occur during pregnancy, as the baby’s weight puts a lot of pressure on your anal region. Hence, one must follow a few tips to prevent hemorrhoids.
Prevention Tips for Hemorrhoids
The only way to keep your stool soft and prevent hemorrhoids is to follow the below-listed tips:
- Focus More on High-fiber Foods – Try to add more fruits, green vegetables, and whole grains to your diet. By adding high-fiber foods to your diet, you may soften and increase the stool process, which will help avoid strains responsible for causing hemorrhoids. Further, it will reduce the gas problems.
- Drinks lots of water/fluids – Make it a habit to drink around six to eight glasses of water or other liquids (except alcohol) regularly to keep the stool soft.
- Add fiber supplements – Our body requires a minimum of 20-30 grams of fiber each day. However, most people fail to get enough as recommended. Psyllium (Metamucil) or methylcellulose (Citrucel) are a few supplements that can reduce bleeding and improve overall symptoms. Also, when consuming these supplements, make sure to drink enough fluid, or they may worsen constipation.
- Avoid straining – Some people apply a lot of strain when passing the stool or try to hold their breath during the pressure. Unknown to the fact, this practice reduces great pressure in your veins. As a result, the veins in the lower rectum might become swollen. Hence, try to change the habit of straining.
- Do Not Hold the Waste – If you feel that you need to pass the stool, go immediately to the washroom. The longer you wait to pass a bowel movement, the drier your stool becomes. As a result, it may become hard at the time of passing which means you need to apply more pressure. More pressure implies swelling in the rectum.
- Exercise – Regular exercises are great for health in many ways and so for hemorrhoids. It can help prevent constipation and further reduces the pressure on veins. Also, it can help overcome obesity, one of the main causes of hemorrhoids.
- Do Not Sit in Toilets for Too Long – A few people have a habit of reading newspapers while sitting in the toilet. Do you know sitting for too long in the toilet can increase the pressure on the veins in the anus? Hence, if you also follow this habit, change it now.
How Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Cure Hemorrhoids Naturally?
Apple Cider Vinegar is one of the best home remedies and can relieve a wide range of health complaints. Be it reducing excessive body weight, reducing cholesterol, or improving the symptoms of diabetes, or other health ailments, it is one of the best cures for our body.
Hemorrhoid often occurs due to the pressure on the veins around the anus or rectum that may also occur due to heavy weight. Hence, try this natural remedy and cure bleeding or obesity condition.
- Drink a teaspoon of Apple Cider Vinegar mixed with water during lunch, dinner, or even at the time of breakfast. You can also honey to the mixture for flavor and taste. When you buy the product, make sure to purchase the raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar available in the local health food store.
- Add a few drops of apple cider vinegar topically to a cotton swab and apply it near the anal area after the bath. Try to gently dab hemorrhoids with the cotton swab to remove bacteria and cure them naturally. Make sure you don’t overdo it as the area must remain dry.
Initially, it may sting a bit, but you can also add a bit of water and apply the mixture to avoid it. It creates a cooling sensation and offers quick relief.
Apple Cider Vinegar comprises some of the healthful substances that our great for our body and health. It helps kill harmful bacteria, lower blood sugar levels, and is good for diabetic patients or the ones suffering from hemorrhoids.
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated about different health ailments and home remedies that can cure you faster.
Further, learn about different naturopathy techniques, CBD, and other details related to health cures.