People extract CBD oil from the cannabis plant and dilute it with hemp seed oil or coconut oil (carrier oils). Out of 100 chemical compounds, its one of the popular one found in the cannabis plant. It comes with several health benefits along with a few potential side effects. Before we proceed further and list its health benefits in detail, let me brief you about THC.
The primary psychoactive component in cannabis, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), is responsible for the feeling of euphoria that is frequently connected to cannabis use. But CBD isn’t psychoactive as THC is.
CBD is available online and in stores in a variety of goods, such as food, drinks, bath soaks, and dietary supplements. Let’s look at some of the main benefits of CBD oil that will help you take better decision.
Health Benefits of CBD Oil
1. Pain Management
Pain management is one of the most well-known and researched uses of CBD. The endocannabinoid system, which is essential for controlling pain perception, interacts with CBD. It could lessen pain by affecting the way that the ECS’s receptor’s function, which could result in less inflammation and pain sensitivity. Research indicates that cannabidiol (CBD) may be useful in treating neuropathic and arthritic chronic pain.
2. Anxiety and Stress Reduction
For treating anxiety and stress naturally, CBD has shown promise. It functions by altering the serotonin receptors in the brain, which are responsible for mood and emotion regulation. CBD has the potential to lessen anxiety and enhance general wellbeing by activating these receptors. Numerous anxiety disorders, including social anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), may be effectively managed by CBD, according to research.
3. Sleep Improvement
Many people experience insomnia and other sleep-related problems. By addressing the underlying causes of sleep disturbances, such as anxiety and chronic pain, CBD may help enhance sleep patterns. CBD can improve the quality of sleep and promote a more restful night’s sleep by addressing these underlying problems.
4. Neuroprotective Properties
The field of neuroscience has become more interested in CBD due to its possible neuroprotective qualities. It might promote brain health and safeguard the neurological system. According to some research, CBD may help treat neurodegenerative conditions like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. It is believed to function by lowering oxidative stress and inflammation, two things that speed up the development of these illnesses. According to a 2019 study, adults’ PTSD-related symptoms, such as nightmares, were effectively reduced by CBD.
5. Anti-Inflammatory Effects
Numerous chronic health conditions, including arthritis and cardiovascular disease, are primarily caused by inflammation. The anti-inflammatory qualities of CBD make it a potentially useful tool in the treatment of these ailments. CBD can ease symptoms and enhance general health by lowering inflammation. It’s crucial to remember that while CBD may assist in managing symptoms, these diseases cannot be cured by it.
6. May Alleviate Symptoms Associated with Cancer
A 2022 study found that CBD may be able to lessen pain, nausea, vomiting, and other side effects associated with cancer treatment. If CBD should be used more frequently to treat cancer symptoms, more research is necessary to make that determination.
7. Seizure Management
CBD’s ability to control seizures, especially in those with epilepsy, is one of its most well-established health benefits. For the treatment of uncommon and severe forms of epilepsy, the FDA has approved the prescription drug Epidiolex, which contains pure CBD. CBD can dramatically lower these patients’ seizure frequency and intensity, according to studies.
8. Benefit Heart Health
High blood pressure has been associated with an increased risk of heart attack, stroke, and metabolic syndrome, among other illnesses.
Studies suggest that CBD may help lower blood pressure in individuals with hypertension by affecting heart muscle contractions and dilation of blood vessels.
Using 600 milligrams of CBD for seven days, for instance, significantly lowered blood pressure in the short term when compared to a placebo group, according to a 2020 study involving 26 healthy men. Nevertheless, the impact vanished after seven days.
More investigation is required into the possible advantages of CBD therapy for heart health, even though these results are encouraging.
The following health advantages of CBD are believed to be possible, though further study is required:
- Substance misuse treatment: Preclinical data suggests that CBD may be useful in reducing anxiety and depression in those with a history of drug dependence, including heroin.
- Potential life extension for glioblastoma patients: Although research is limited, treatment with a combination of CBD and THC may help some patients with glioblastoma—an aggressive form of cancer—live longer.
Side Effects of CBD Oil
Even though CBD may have a number of health benefits, it’s important to be aware of any possible negative effects. These side effects are not universally felt, and individual differences exist in how severe they are. The following are a few typical CBD oil side effects:
- Dry Mouth: A temporary reduction in salivary flow caused by CBD may result in a dry mouth. This side effect can be mitigated by drinking enough of water.
- Changes in Appetite: Some users of CBD claim to have changes in appetite. Either a decrease in appetite or an increase in hunger may result from it.
- Diarrhea: High CBD dosages have occasionally been linked to gastrointestinal problems like diarrhea. To determine your ideal dosage, it’s critical to begin with a low dose and progressively increase it.
- Dizziness and Light-headedness: Lightheadedness or dizziness may be brought on by CBD, especially at higher dosages. If you encounter these side effects, you might want to lower your dosage.
- Interaction with Medications: Blood thinners are among the medications that CBD may interact with. To prevent any potential interactions, speak with your healthcare provider before using CBD if you are currently taking any medications.
- Fatigue: While some CBD users report feeling more alert and energized, others may experience weariness. This can change based on the dosage and each person’s reaction.
- Liver Enzyme Changes: Liver enzyme levels may occasionally fluctuate as a result of CBD use, especially at high dosages. It is advisable to keep an eye on liver function, particularly for those who have liver conditions.
It is imperative to highlight that the adverse reactions to CBD are typically mild and temporary. Most users of CBD don’t have any negative side effects. Before beginning any new supplementation, you should, however, speak with a healthcare provider. This is especially important if you have underlying medical issues or are taking medication. Furthermore, always begin with a low dosage and increase it gradually until you achieve the ideal balance for your requirements.
CBD oil has a number of possible health advantages, including better sleep, decreased anxiety, and pain relief. Although it’s usually well tolerated, some people may have mild to severe side effects.
Having said that, although some study results are available, more research is required before any conclusions can be made. Some research is still being done. Before using CBD, it’s a good idea to consult a trained healthcare provider because its possible applications are still up in the air.
Making educated decisions regarding the use of CBD oil requires knowledge of both its advantages and possible drawbacks. Also, it’s advisable to speak with a healthcare professional before making any decisions regarding your health to make sure CBD is safe and suitable for your particular situation.