Colon Hydrotherapy, an old age natural treatment that uses warm water to cleanse or gently wash out the colon or large intestine to eliminate waste material, detox, rehydrate and make the bowel method run smoothly. In this blog, we will discuss how the colon hydrotherapy treatment works and its many benefits.
Our body performs many roles to smoothly remove waste from the body. Our lungs throw out the carbon dioxide, kidneys filter the blood allowing the waste to pass out as urine, skin pushes away the toxins with sweat, and the intestines manage the rest before waste materials finally excrete out. But this is not just enough.
Despite all the efforts to smoothen the process, by opting for a regular exercise habit and healthy approach towards life abiding by a nutritious diet plan we at times, fail to do so. In such circumstances, when issues such as constipation, gastrointestinal disorders, etc find their way, we need to put in an extra effort to cleanse the system. One such effective way is Colon Hydrotherapy which is quite like an enema but uses more liquid. Certain probiotics, herbs as well as enzymes are beneficial too.
How Colon Hydrotherapy Works?
Gentle flushes of cool or warm water (depending on the condition of the patient) are fed to the rectum by a nozzle. This process slowly breaks down the built-up deposits of fecal matter. As a result, the colon finally contracts. Thus, flushing out the fluid as a normal bowel movement. Along with the waste it also expels the accumulated mucus, bacteria, and toxins.
Benefits of Colon Hydrotherapy
- Helps alleviate constipation – The fluid flushed in the rectum helps soften the stool making the bowel movement easier.
- Detoxifies the Colon – Along with the accumulated waste, the colon gets rid of the bacteria and toxins due to the therapy.
- Boosts Weight Loss – The accumulated waste gets rid as a result of the therapy. Moreover, improved digestion and nutrient absorption enhance overall health. Once the colon therapy works out, a fiber-rich diet and plenty of fluid keep the bowel movements regular thus organizing the system.
- Improves Immunity – It boosts our immune system by drawing out the built-up toxins and bacteria that are dangerous for a healthy body.
- Enhances Colon Health – The throw up of toxin and bacteria now clears the passage speeding up the travel time of waste through the colon. The fiber-rich food along with plenty of fluids keeps the bowel movement regularized. Thus, the chances of development of any abstract growth, cysts, or polyps due to the toxins of bacteria accumulation are reduced.
- Maintains ph Levels in Blood – When unused food in the form of water does not leave the body in time and rests there for a prolonged period, it is likely to develop bacteria or toxins. These may be passed into the bloodstream causing an imbalance in the ph value.
Is Therapy Safe?
Colon Hydrotherapy is usually safe but should be dealt with care. Some people might observe symptoms of nausea, bloating, cramps, and vomiting. Excess loss of water might lead to dehydration or electrolyte imbalance. Chances of infection increase too. Always consult a doctor or naturopath before going in for and such treatment or therapy. Book professional naturopathy centers near you. Also, make sure that the equipment being used for the process is unused and disposable.
1. Opt for healthy eating (lots of vegetables and plenty of water) instead of junk or processed food to maintain optimal digestive health.
2. Consult your doctor for any chance of risk or complication.
3. Drink plenty of water before as well as after the cleanse to avoid dehydration.
4. Make sure that only new, disposable equipment and protective gear is used.
5. Choose your therapist wisely.